KIA REINTRODUCES 'GT-LINE S' CEED AND PROCEED; BRINGS DCT BACK
As of February 2023, Kia has reintroduced the range-topping ‘GT-Line S’ variants of the popular Ceed and ProCeed models. Back due to popular demand, the five-door hatchback and shooting brake models within Kia’s popular Ceed model family will now be available with a wider range of trims, with ‘GT-Line S’ topping each model line-up.
Newly relaunched ‘GT-Line S’ variants of the Ceed and ProCeed are offered as standard with a seven-speed double-clutch transmission (DCT). Other models within each line-up (‘2’, ‘GT-Line’ and ‘3’ for Ceed, and ‘GT-Line’ for ProCeed) feature a six-speed manual as standard. The transmission is paired with Kia’s popular 1.5-litre T-GDi (turbocharged gasoline direct injection) engine, producing 158bhp.
Equipped with the DCT, the Ceed ‘GT-Line S’ can accelerate from 0-62mph in 8.4 seconds (8.6 seconds for ProCeed), with a top speed of 130mph. The DCT has been developed in-house with the aim of enhancing fuel efficiency and delivering comfort, whilst retaining the sportiness of a manual when the driver chooses to take control of gear changes. The transmission is unchanged over its earlier application in the Ceed model family. The Ceed ‘GT-Line S’ is priced from £31,145, and the ProCeed ‘GT-Line S’ from £32,245.
Range-topping ‘GT-Line S’ models add the following additional specification features over the standard ‘GT-Line’ specification:
- 18-inch premium alloy wheels (compared to 17-inch on ‘GT-Line’ models)
- Panoramic sunroof with a tilting/sliding function and electric roll blind
- Black leather with suede seat upholstery
- Power seat height adjuster and memory seat function (driver)
- 12.3-inch supervision cluster display
- Smart park assist system (SPAS) parallel/perpendicular with front and rear parking sensors
- Smart Key with Engine Start/Stop Button
- An eight-speaker JBL® premium audio system
- Wireless mobile phone charger
- Blind-spot collision warning (BCW)
- Heated seats (outer rear)
- Smart cruise control with stop and go functionality
- Drive mode select (Normal and Sport modes)
- Paddle shifters
The new Kia XCeed ‘GT-Line S’ introduced for the first time in 2022, also receives the option of a DCT gearbox for the first time, further extending customer choice. The new XCeed is the most popular variant of the wider Ceed family, accounting for around half of all Ceed family sales. The XCeed is also available as a fleet-friendly plug-in hybrid model, offering low benefit in kind rates for company car drivers, as well as almost 30 miles of electric-only driving on a single charge. The new XCeed ‘GT-Line S’ with the DCT is priced from £31,495.
The Ceed model family is a key contributor to Kia’s long-term success in the UK. In 2022, the range helped the brand on its way to the milestone of selling more than 100,000 cars in a single year for the first time. The Ceed family, consisting of the Ceed hatchback, ProCeed, Sportswagon, and XCeed, accounted for almost 20 per cent of all Kia’s UK sales in 2022.