- All-New Renault Clio named Car of the Year at the 2020 Carbuyer Best Car Awards
- All-New Clio also took top honours in the Best Small Car category
- Judges praised All-New Clio’s technology, high quality interior and grown-up driving experience
- Third gong for All-New Clio since deliveries began in October
- With revolutionary interior and evolutionary exterior, All-New Clio sets new small car standards
- Introduces Level Two autonomous driver assistance systems to its sector
- Clio celebrates thirty years of success, and has been Europe’s best-selling supermini since 2013
- All-New Clio is the twenty third Renault to be awarded a five-star NCAP safety rating
- Range of efficient petrol and diesel engines, with petrol-electric hybrid option in 2020
- Prices start at £14,295 on the road
The All-New Renault Clio has been named Car of the Year at the annual Carbuyer Best Car Awards ceremony. In a double success for the All-New Clio it also took top honours in the Small Car Category.
Reflecting on All-New Clio’s success Carbuyer’s editor-at-large and head of motoring video, James Batchelor said: “The latest Renault Clio is the embodiment of what Carbuyer - and many UK motorists - look for in a car. It's modern, laden with the latest tech and has an interior that punches above its weight, with style and space you wouldn't expect. The Clio's fun nature, efficiency and forward-thinking powertrains also help in making it the Carbuyer Car of the Year for 2020.”
Vincent Tourette, Managing Director for Renault UK commented: “We’re absolutely delighted to accept this prestigious award for All-New Clio. Thirty years in the making, All-New Clio represents an exciting step change in the small car sector, particularly in its interior layout, which delivers unrivalled technology, quality and style. Yet All-New Clio also retains the eye-catching exterior styling that has made it the bestselling car in its class in Europe since 2013. With the forthcoming addition of the E-TECH hybrid version, 2020 promises to see the Clio success story continue.”
Revolutionary on the inside and evolutionary on the outside All-New Clio sets new standards for quality, technology and practicality. One of the many highlights is the interior, which features the option of larger 9.3-inch EASY LINK infotainment screen and a ten-inch TFT instrument cluster - features normally reserved for larger and more expensive cars. From the outset the designers wanted to give the All-New Clio a true premium feel, with soft touch plastics, satin finish metal trim and new, more enveloping seats all helping push the car upmarket. With careful attention paid to ergonomics, the All-New Clio is the most comfortable and refined version yet.
Technology and safety are also at the heart of All-New Clio. All versions get features such as Active Emergency Braking System with pedestrian detection, Lane Keep Assist and Lane Departure Warning, while an advanced Level Two autonomous driver aid is available in the form of the Traffic and Motorway Assist Pack.
Thanks to Renault’s Easylife strategy, All-New Clio is available with choice of efficient petrol or diesel engines and in three straightforward trim levels - Play, Iconic and R.S. Line - with prices starting at £14,295 on the road.