· New Renault ZOE scoops City Car of the Year award in TopGear.com annual awards ceremony
· New ZOE triumphed against strong competition including traditional petrol and diesel models
· Range of 245 miles (WLTP) thanks to new 52kWh battery back
· Faster charging option with 50 kWh DC capability giving an additional 90 miles of range per 30 minutes of charging
· Free fully-installed (7kWh) fast charging home wallbox to enhance customer experience
· 100% recycled material utilising old seat belts and plastic bottles for seat and interior trims on various models
· Priced from £25,670 on the road after Plug In Car Grant (£3,500)
Reflecting on the New ZOE’s success TopGear.com said: “Renault could have gone back to the drawing board and tried to rewrite the formula. But it didn’t – instead of an all-new ZOE, it’s simply revised the existing one. Chamfered the edges, fixed only what needed fixing and left the rest. Confident in its product. It’s even quite good fun”.
Gilles Normand, Senior Vice President Mobility Services and Electric Vehicles Division commented: “We are delighted that TopGear.com has named New Renault ZOE its City Car of the Year. This award is recognition of Renault’s pioneering commitment to affordable electric mobility, with New ZOE’s exceptional range, unique driving pleasure, low running costs and extensive use of recycled materials key to its success.”
Capable of running up to 245 miles (WLTP) on a single charge, New ZOE features the longest range in its segment. Using a new 52kWh battery and available with optional 50kW DC fast charging, New ZOE can add up to 90 miles of range in just 30 minutes. All models are available with a free fully-installed 7kWh fast charging home wallbox.
Externally, New ZOE has been redesigned to give an even more modern look, plus now features standard LED headlamps. On the inside there’s a fresh dashboard design complete with customisable 10-inch TFT instrument cluster and the option of a Renault EASY LINK 9.3-inch portrait style infotainment screen, while on Iconic models the seat trim is made from 100% recycled materials, predominantly old plastic bottles and waste seat belt material. Wireless smartphone charging is also available, while all versions get a comprehensive suite of safety systems, including an Active Emergency Braking System (AEBS) and Lane Departure Warning (LDW).
Under the skin is a choice of powerful R135 100 kW or R110 80 kW motors, both of which feature a smooth, single-speed automatic transmission with new B-mode function that intensifies the regenerative braking effect to deliver true one pedal driving characteristics.
Play, Iconic and GT-Line trim levels are all available, with prices starting at £25,670 on the road after the Plug In Car Grant (£3,500).