Who we are
We are Sutton Park Motor Company Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under Company Number 852710. Our registered office address is 37 Lichfield Street, Burton upon Trent, DE14 3RH.
Our registration number for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is Z5557960
How and why we will use your data?
We will process your Personal Data when you have given your consent or where the processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations or to pursue our legitimate interest in operating our business effectively.
We will contact you as advised along with our manufacturer partner(s)* and our nominated partner suppliers* to ensure the ongoing safety and care of your vehicle and any policies are maintained, and where consent is provided, the replacement of your vehicle and car care related products.
We cross check your data with DVLA to ensure accurate and timely communications can be made. We track data around email interaction to understand whether communications have reached you. We check driver and vehicle profiles including drive time, vehicle age and type of work due to help prioritise customer contact. We combine data from various sources* into one place, to deliver a more personalised experience to you.
What are our legitimate interests in processing your data?
We consider that in some circumstances, the processing of your personal data is necessary for our legitimate interests of which we have a duty of care to advise you of, which include:
- Ensuring you are advised of when your vehicle requires a service or MOT to assist in maintaining your vehicle in accordance with the manufacturer’s service and warranty requirements.
- Ensuring you are contacted with regards to any outstanding manufactures recalls.
- Ensuring that you are made aware of any showroom or off site events in relation to new and used vehicles.
- Ensuring that you are contacted when your service plan is due to expire.
- Ensuring that you are contacted and updated when your finance agreement is coming to the end of term or mileage risk regarding PCP agreements.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have the following rights to your personal data:
- Request access to any Personal Data we hold about you
- Have any Personal Data which we hold about you which is inaccurate rectified
- Have incomplete Personal Data completed
- Have Personal Data erased
- Object to certain types of data processing, including those detailed in our legitimate interests section.
If you wish to make a request or make an amendment to any of the above please do so in writing to our registered office address 37 Lichfield Street, Burton upon Trent, DE14 3RH addressing it to the Data Protection Officer.
If you have previously provided your consent to any of the processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
Who will have access to the data we hold?
Our employees who need to access your data will view it in order that a service can be provide to you.
All our employees have been trained in data protection and understand the requirements to keep your information confidential.
In addition to our employees, we also use service providers who may hold Personal Data on our behalf for example
- Finance Companies
- Insurance Companies
- Vehicle Delivery Companies
- Specialist Repair Partners
*A full listing of our “Manufactures and “Nominated Suppliers” together with the “Various Sources” can be found on our website www.suttonparkgroup.co.uk
Transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
We will not transfer your Personal Data outside the EEA unless such transfer is compliant with the law.
IP addresses and cookies
Cookies provide information regarding the computer used by visiting our website. We may use these cookies to gain information about the information you have downloaded. This information will not identify you personally and will be used for statistical data for example:
- To count the number of visitors and to follow the customer journey around our website
- To recognise you when you return to our website again.
- You are able to adjust your setting on your device to decline cookies.
Right to make a complaint
Should you have any concerns with our processing of your Personal Data and would like to make a complaint you may contact ourselves at our Data Protection Officer at our registered office address, 37 Lichfield Street, Burton upon Trent, DE14 3RH. Alternatively you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.